We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who perform rate comparisons are very likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved about $865 annually compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on Lexus RX 400h insurance in Greensboro is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to shop for auto insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers in Greensboro.
- First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for ideas to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Greensboro. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
How to buy Lexus RX 400h insurance in Greensboro, NC
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in NC, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus RX 400h in Greensboro, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lexus RX 400h with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on RX 400h insurance in Greensboro.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Greensboro auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, safe driver, and drive less.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, air bags, accident-free, good driver, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, good driver
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Greensboro, click here.
Insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Greensboro who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agent properly licensed in North Carolina?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Greensboro?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a good Greensboro insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Greensboro agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Greensboro who can help you get rate quotes.
- Jim Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1308 Wendover Ave E – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 379-1040 – View Map
- Steve Kent – State Farm Insurance Agent
3122 Battleground Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-5368 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Patterson
3817 Lawndale Dr, Ste B2 – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 545-4596 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Greensboro willing to provide rate quotes.
- Ratterree Insurance Agency
5206 W Market St – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 369-0508 – View Map
- Godwin Insurance Agency
905 Battleground Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 379-8640 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: O Hanlon Insurance and Financial Services
5411D W Friendly Ave d – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 288-1208 – View Map
Car insurance can be complex
When selecting coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my Lexus RX 400h need full coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce Lexus RX 400h insurance prices online in Greensboro. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High School Students in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)