It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around will presumably buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Lincoln Navigator insurance in Greensboro is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Greensboro is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in North Carolina. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Navigator coverage is available in Greensboro. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Finding quotes for affordable insurance policy in Greensboro is not as hard as you may think. Vehicle owners just have to know the most efficient way to shop for insurance on the web.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you want cheap car insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Lincoln Navigator insurance in Greensboro
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Navigator can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable data collection to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln Navigator premium costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good student, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, accident-free, student away at school, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-car, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, and homeowner.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, defensive driving, easy pay, family plan, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Greensboro.
Analysis of Lincoln Navigator rates
The rate information displayed next highlights estimates of policy rates for Lincoln Navigator models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$296||$540||$336||$20||$100||$1,292||$108|
|Navigator L 4WD||$296||$540||$336||$20||$100||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can affect price quotes greatly.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Lincoln Navigator insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lincoln Navigator insurance premiums by gender and age
The information below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln Navigator insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lincoln Navigator auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln Navigator book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
North Carolina auto insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the right insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Greensboro. The information shown below may help you choose which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Greensboro Car Insurance Companies Overall
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family