It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study showed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Greensboro is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Mazda RX-8 insurance in Greensboro is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper RX-8 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Take advantage of these discounts on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Greensboro
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every possible discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new RX-8 can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current RX-8 insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Mazda RX-8 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, home ownership, save driver, student away at school, and continuous insurance.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, homeowner, teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and drive less.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, and good driver.
When getting free Greensboro car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Greensboro. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Mazda RX-8 insurance quotes in Greensboro, click this link.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Greensboro, NC. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Mazda RX-8 insurance rates and statistics
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of prices for Mazda RX-8 models. Learning how insurance prices are figured can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$128||$236||$262||$16||$78||$720||$60|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$128||$272||$262||$16||$78||$756||$63|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$128||$272||$262||$16||$78||$756||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can revise prices substantially.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can change Mazda RX-8 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of careless driving on Greensboro auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can increase Mazda RX-8 premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda RX-8 car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Mazda RX-8 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better insurance rates.
- Always keep your policy in force – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Being married pays dividends – Having a significant other actually saves money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Frequent policy claims increase premiums – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Car insurance companies in North Carolina give lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- High credit rating translates to low premiums – A driver’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda RX-8 by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Your location is a factor – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
Rates go up with performance – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Mazda RX-8 insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive your Mazda every year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. An improperly rated RX-8 can cost quite a bit.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurers afford discounts to people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Mazda RX-8?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local agents and insurance
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Greensboro.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Greensboro who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they work. Greensboro agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Greensboro that can possibly get you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Greensboro that can give you price quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Auto insurance in North Carolina serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda RX-8 insurance, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your RX-8 has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Find affordable auto insurance prices by comparing often
Budget-conscious Mazda RX-8 insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, so you need to shop Greensboro car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
As you quote Greensboro car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Mazda RX-8 insurance premium rates online in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)