Are you tired of overpaying and want more affordable auto insurance rates in Greensboro, NC? Greensboro buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Mercedes-Benz and locate the best price possible either online or from Greensboro insurance agents.
Our goal is to help you learn the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers just need to learn the most time-saving way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Greensboro takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if a SR-22 is required, what your job is, daily mileage, and the make and model of your vehicles. The data is sent automatically to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To find lower lower-cost Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Determine discounts on Greensboro insurance
Car insurance companies don’t list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Greensboro car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their company to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Distant Student – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Greensboro and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, mature driver, switch companies, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, good driver, good student, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new vehicle discount, multi-policy, good student, exclusive group savings, newly married, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife discounts include good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Greensboro.
Rates and information analytics
The table displayed next outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Having insight into how insurance prices are calculated can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$318||$302||$18||$90||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can modify insurance rates significantly.
Yearly insurance costs for men versus women
The example below shows the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Greensboro.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Greensboro who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Greensboro that may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael Bare Agency
2828 Battleground Ave Ste C – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-5033 – View Map
- Williford Insurance Group Inc
2201 W Cone Blvd – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 288-1956 – View Map
- TOM NEEDHAM INSURANCE AGENCY
3411-B W Wendover Ave – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 855-1223 – View Map
These agents can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Greensboro willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Eddie Collins
5709 W Market St – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 854-1044 – View Map
- Steve Kent – State Farm Insurance Agent
3122 Battleground Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-5368 – View Map
- State Farm: Ashley Collins
w ste b 27403, 1610 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27403 – (336) 274-7900 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
How much insurance do I need?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Mercedes-Benz C350?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Six Things That Influence Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the things used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Responsible credit scores equal low premiums – Your credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Mercedes-Benz C350 by improving your rating.
- More traffic equals higher rates – Being located in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large North Carolina cities tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
- Certain vocations pay higher rates – Jobs such as military personnel, architects, and stock brokers generally have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- You might want pay the minor insurance claims yourself – Auto insurance companies in North Carolina provide lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your insurance bill. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Mercedes-Benz C350 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Auto insurance is not optional in North Carolina
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your C350 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercedes-Benz at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Low-cost Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Greensboro is available both online and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, so you need to quote Greensboro car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Greensboro car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
How to find low-cost rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Greensboro
The recommended way to get cheaper Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in Greensboro.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper C350 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)