The preferred way to get cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Greensboro is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in North Carolina.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that most insurance buyers in North Carolina kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the United States could pocket nearly 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched.
Finding and buying the lowest cost policy in Greensboro is not that difficult. Essentially every person who shops around for insurance will probably buy a cheaper policy. Although North Carolina car owners must understand how companies sell online and use it to your advantage.
To find cheaper Greensboro car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Greensboro auto insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies increases your odds of finding the best price. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so you need to compare prices from them, too.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Greensboro, NC. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mercury at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Slash rates with these premium slashing discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Mercury may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, driver training, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, 55 and older, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in North Carolina, click this link.