Sadly, nearly 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by as much as 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Greensboro is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and poor credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these tips. The purpose of this post is to let you in on how insurance works. But North Carolina consumers must learn the way insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Greensboro Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your policy premium.
To see a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in Greensboro, click this link.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding the best rates. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. To locate the best cheap car insurance in NC, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
- Deter theft and pay less – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Only buy coverage you need – There are many additional extra coverages that can add up on your GS 200t policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Drivers with good credit save – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Lexus GS 200t if you clean up your credit.
- An active policy claims history can increase rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect higher rates. Insurance companies in North Carolina provide the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
What if I want to buy from local Greensboro insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Greensboro that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you need to find local Greensboro agents, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Greensboro that can give you comparison quotes.
- Drew Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
608 Pisgah Church Rd – Greensboro, NC 27455 – (336) 288-8802 – View Map
- Keith Kepler – State Farm Insurance Agent
1603 Westover Terrace a – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 294-4341 – View Map
- Charlie Ganim – State Farm Insurance Agent
2008 New Garden Rd – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 282-9229 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Greensboro that can give you comparison quotes.
- Fleszar Insurance Agency
218 S Swing Rd #1 – Greensboro, NC 27409 – (336) 553-2780 – View Map
- Protective Agency
1211 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-1211 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Haywood Insurance Agency Inc
2211 W Meadowview Rd Ste 110 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 855-1234 – View Map
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Greensboro, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $810 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Greensboro. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost Greensboro auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
The cheapest Lexus GS 200t insurance in Greensboro is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Greensboro agents, so get free Greensboro auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)