Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,000, North Carolina drivers can cut their rates by roughly 10% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Greensboro.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Immediately place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as distance driven, an estimate of your credit level, driver details, and if a SR-22 is required. Your information is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Greensboro insurance discounts for a Subaru BRZ
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used BRZ may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Greensboro
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Teenage drivers cost more – Young drivers in North Carolina have been known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Excellent credit equals lower prices – Credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru BRZ by repairing your credit.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Some companies give lower prices to insureds that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Do thieves like your car? – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent auto theft.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Traffic violations cost more than a fine – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. People who have flagrant citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Claims statistics for a Subaru BRZ – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Subaru BRZ Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru BRZ 156 78 150 87 88 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing prices from local Greensboro auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Greensboro that provide free Greensboro auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either type can handle insurance, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Greensboro exclusive agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Greensboro that are able to give rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: O Hanlon Insurance and Financial Services
5411D W Friendly Ave d – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 288-1208 – View Map
Cover all your bases
When shopping online for car insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Subaru BRZ insurance in Greensboro is available online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)