Really, the only way to find discount Subaru Outback insurance in Greensboro is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in North Carolina.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers in North Carolina kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never shopped around. American drivers could save themselves 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Greensboro is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. But North Carolina drivers must know how companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best companies for affordable Subaru Outback insurance in North Carolina
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Greensboro, NC. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Greensboro, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Analysis of coverages
The rate table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Subaru Outback models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are established can help you make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$186||$334||$282||$16||$84||$902||$75|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$208||$394||$282||$16||$84||$984||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can influence premiums greatly.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Subaru Outback insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
What Determines Subaru Outback Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Credit rating impact car insurance costs – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Outback by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Driver age impacts costs – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The data below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises car insurance rates – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Some companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Women tend to take less risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Marriage can lower rates – Your spouse actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Good drivers pay less – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have multiple violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can influence Subaru Outback yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive your Subaru annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. An incorrectly rated Outback can cost quite a bit.
Subaru Outback insurance loss data – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when determining insurance costs. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Subaru Outback Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Greensboro, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Greensboro that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Greensboro who can help you get price quotes.
Be persistent to save money
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost.
We covered many ideas to reduce Subaru Outback insurance car insurance rates online in Greensboro. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Greensboro Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)