Are you sick of overpaying and want low-cost Subaru WRX insurance in Greensboro? Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your Subaru every month? You’re in the same situation as many other North Carolina drivers.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who get price comparisons will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. Due to the increasing number of companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Subaru WRX in Greensboro, it is very difficult to locate the best auto insurance company.
Eight Things That Impact Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
How much liability – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Drive less and save – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your insurance policy shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated WRX is just wasting money.
Job stress can affect prices – Jobs such as military generals, architects, and miners have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
Get better rates after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying insurance. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Gender is a factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Do you need those incidental coverages? – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Loss statistics for a Subaru WRX – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Greensboro auto insurance quote.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current WRX insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, anti-theft, air bags, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- MetLife has savings for good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, good student, new car, and driver training.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
When searching for the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned some good ideas how you can get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding affordable Subaru WRX insurance in Greensboro
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on Subaru WRX insurance in Greensboro is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)