Shockingly, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Greensboro could cut their rates by about 10% a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Greensboro is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and a low credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you use identical coverages on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Affordable car insurance in Greensboro, NC
The following companies offer quotes in Greensboro, NC. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in NC, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
These eight discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Greensboro car insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Aerio insurance in Greensboro.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Greensboro car insurance depending on your company.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Greensboro car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Onboard Data Collection – Greensboro drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple policy, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, membership and employees, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, new move discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and newly married.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, driver training, air bag, bundle, and defensive driver.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Greensboro.
Auto insurance agents can help
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Greensboro.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Greensboro who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a local Greensboro insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Greensboro that can give you free car insurance quotes.
- Latorre Insurance
4131 Spring Garden St – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 609-7027 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: O Hanlon Insurance and Financial Services
5411D W Friendly Ave d – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 288-1208 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chris Baughan
3225 Battleground Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 286-3303 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Greensboro who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Terrence Williams
2109 New Garden Rd D – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 282-0461 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: H. Kim
W, 5709 W Gate City Blvd #201 – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 547-9330 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John L. Palmer
445 Dolley Madison Rd a – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 852-8800 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Greensboro?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, hail damage and fire damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Aerio caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Aerio in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as ambulance fees, funeral costs, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Suzuki Aerio.
Since many North Carolina drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical expenses, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. North Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered many ways to save on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Greensboro. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Low-cost Suzuki Aerio insurance in Greensboro can be found from both online companies and with local Greensboro insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is located at these sites:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)