It’s hard to believe, but nearly 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. North Carolina drivers could save nearly 10% every year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
The easiest way to find lower priced Volvo V90 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Greensboro.
Step 1: Read and learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that drive up the price like careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on V90 insurance in Greensboro. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Finding affordable coverage in Greensboro is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just have to understand how to compare company rates on the web.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheap Volvo V90 insurance in Greensboro with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, teen driver discount, good student, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, good driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include mature driver, distant student, good student, youthful driver, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for mature driver, group or association, multi-policy, student away at school, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and drive less.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. Discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Comparing quotes from local Greensboro car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Greensboro should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agent properly licensed in North Carolina?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Different types of Greensboro auto insurance agents
If you want to use local Greensboro agents, you should know the types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Greensboro can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agencies in Greensboro that can give you price quote information.
- Pam White – State Farm Insurance Agent
2608 Oakcrest Ave – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-1111 – View Map
- Zach Crutchfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 W Friendly Ave #207 – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 547-0316 – View Map
- Jim Goard – State Farm Insurance Agent
407 Parkway Ave c – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 274-1918 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Greensboro that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jim Costas Agency
5505 Adams Farm Ln – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 292-9992 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Joe Fowler
408 Wendover Ave E – Greensboro, NC 27401 – (336) 299-7447 – View Map
- ALLCHOICE Insurance
7 Corporate Center Ct – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 540-0463 – View Map
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and choosing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- If my Volvo V90 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volvo V90?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo V90 insurance, maintaining insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volvo V90 but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your V90 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your V90 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, fire damage, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Volvo V90.
Due to the fact that many North Carolina drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, loss of income, funeral expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. North Carolina state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Volvo V90 insurance in Greensboro. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When getting Greensboro auto insurance quotes online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)