It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Scion tC insurance in Greensboro is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for information to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of North Carolina drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in the U.S. could cut their rates by up to $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to find affordable auto insurance rates.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to save money and possibly find even better coverage. These tips will instruct you on how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process Consumers just need to know the proper way to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable prices in North Carolina
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find the best auto insurance in Greensboro, NC, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Scion tC models. Having insight into how auto insurance premiums are formulated is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$134||$348||$352||$20||$106||$960||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can change premium rates considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Scion tC annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Scion tC insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Informed Consumers Know How to Quote Auto Insurance at a Discount
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Does your job raise your rates? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as military generals, airline pilots, and medical professionals have the highest rates attributed to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies provide a discount to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Bad credit will cost you – Credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Scion tC if you clean up your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
Gender matters – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Both genders get in fender benders at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The example below visualizes the comparison of Scion tC car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Marriage brings a discount – Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Never have policy lapses – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Remove unneeded extra policy coverages – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Scion tC claim data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Scion tC vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Scion tC Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion tC 133 139 136 148 152 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current tC insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Greensboro and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Greensboro drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Scion tC insurance prices with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide discounts include multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has savings for good student, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for teen driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, good student, driver training, air bags, and 55 and older.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, youthful driver, switch companies, bundle discounts, and mature driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for premier discount, eSmart discount, early signing, safe driver, FullPay discount, new car, and premier plus.
Before buying, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, click this link.
Local Greensboro auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Greensboro.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Greensboro that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Protective Agency
1211 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-1211 – View Map
- Latorre Insurance
4131 Spring Garden St – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 609-7027 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
924 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 272-7168 – View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Greensboro exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Archie Herring – State Farm Insurance Agent
1175 Revolution Mill Dr Suite 12 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-8434 – View Map
- State Farm: Ashley Collins
w ste b 27403, 1610 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27403 – (336) 274-7900 – View Map
- Zach Crutchfield – State Farm Insurance Agent
3608 W Friendly Ave #207 – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 547-0316 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Greensboro should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How long has their agency been in business in Greensboro?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy.
Do the work, save more money
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your Scion tC insurance car insurance rates in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
Lower-priced insurance in Greensboro can be purchased from both online companies and with local Greensboro insurance agents, so you need to shop Greensboro car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Greensboro Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Auto Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)