If you are new to online price comparisons, by this point your are probably bewildered because of the huge number of car insurance companies that all promise to save you money.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely move their business because of the high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $70 a month compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price on Lincoln LS insurance in Greensboro is why you’re reading this, then knowing how to compare auto insurance can save money and time.
It’s important to shop coverage around on a regular basis because car insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Lincoln LS insurance in Greensboro six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to find better coverage on Lincoln LS insurance in Greensboro at a better price.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Greensboro is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Essentially each driver who compares rates for insurance stands a good chance to find a lower-cost policy. But North Carolina vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies charge you for coverage because rates fluctuate considerably.
Lower-cost Greensboro insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Greensboro car insurance online.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Greensboro and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Greensboro car insurance quote when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new LS may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and air bag.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, defensive driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for save driver, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and IntelliDrive.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, mature driver, and teen driver.
- USAA may include discounts for military installation, multi-vehicle, safe driver, new vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, newly retired, preferred payment discount, good student, exclusive group savings, new graduate, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer free Lincoln LS insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in North Carolina. To find cheap auto insurance in NC, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Greensboro who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Greensboro who may provide you with price quote information.
- Archie Herring – State Farm Insurance Agent
1175 Revolution Mill Dr Suite 12 – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 274-8434 – View Map
- Charlie Ganim – State Farm Insurance Agent
2008 New Garden Rd – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 282-9229 – View Map
- Jim Degraphenreid – State Farm Insurance Agent
4218 Hilltop Rd – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 854-1737 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Greensboro willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Gail Moseley Agency Inc
2502 Lawndale Dr – Greensboro, NC 27408 – (336) 282-3655 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
924 E Bessemer Ave – Greensboro, NC 27405 – (336) 272-7168 – View Map
- Gladwell Insurance Agency
5709 W Friendly Ave – Greensboro, NC 27410 – (336) 299-5185 – View Map
You can find cheap coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Greensboro is possible from both online companies and with local Greensboro insurance agents, so you need to shop Greensboro car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
People switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, questionable increases in premium and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Steps to buying affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Greensboro
The easiest way to find affordable quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in Greensboro is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Greensboro Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)