Really, the only way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies in Greensboro.
- First, try to learn a little about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s shocking but most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Greensboro drivers could save an average of 10% each year, but they won’t spend time to compare rates online.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in Greensboro is not rocket science. You just need to use the quickest way to compare rate quotes on the web.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rates in North Carolina
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Greensboro, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
The rate table shown below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Toyota Sequoia models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are calculated is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$160||$240||$256||$16||$76||$748||$62|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$160||$284||$256||$16||$76||$792||$66|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$178||$284||$256||$16||$76||$810||$68|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$178||$284||$256||$16||$76||$810||$68|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$178||$326||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can change rates considerably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims increase Toyota Sequoia insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Greensboro
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
Premiums can change based on your address – Residing in a small town can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Pay less with a high safety rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Toyota Sequoia has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Extra coverages can add up – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Deter theft and save money – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Guys are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota Sequoia insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Toyota every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data. An incorrectly rated Sequoia can result in significantly higher rates.
The higher your credit history the lower your prices – Your credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Sequoia by improving your rating.
Married people drive safer – Being married may earn you lower rates on car insurance. It means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Toyota Sequoia statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Sequoia vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Sequoia 4dr 2WD||70||103||80||57|
|Toyota Sequoia 4dr 4WD||82||115||96||57||50||77|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Toyota Sequoia insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Devices – Greensboro drivers who agree to allow companies to track driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on your computer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Sequoia insurance in Greensboro.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Sequoia car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, business and professional, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and distant student.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for group or association, air bags, multi-policy, company car, anti-theft, and mature driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, and good student.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including annual mileage, vehicle storage, new vehicle, military installation, and family discount.
When getting free Greensboro car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Greensboro. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Greensboro that provide free Greensboro car insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long has their agency been open in Greensboro?
If you are searching for a local Greensboro insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agents in Greensboro that can give you price quotes.
Barry Morgan – State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 N O Henry Blvd Srv Rd b – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 294-3894 – View Map
Jim Degraphenreid – State Farm Insurance Agent
4218 Hilltop Rd – Greensboro, NC 27407 – (336) 854-1737 – View Map
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, you need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Greensboro that can give you price quotes.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
You just read some good ideas how you can compare Toyota Sequoia insurance car insurance rates in Greensboro. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Greensboro car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
As you quote Greensboro car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Greensboro? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)